30.5.07

VISIT SLOVENIA 2 - Slovenian coast

In previous post I presented to you two Slovenian caves. Because from Postonjska cave is only one hour and from Škocjan cave is only half hour to the Adriatic sea, I will today tell you something about short Slovenian coast. Slovenian coast is shorter than 50 kilometers. There are 4 larger cities on the coast: Koper, Izola, Piran, Portorož. Koper is the largest, its about 30.000 inhabitants in Koper. Koper is economical center of this region and also university city. University of Primorska has around 7000 students, but number of students grows fast.

Pretorian palace on the main square in Koper










If you are visiting Slovenian coast during summer you can enjoy in numerous cultural events and party events. I would recommend you to go in Izola on cinema festival named Kino otok. If you are interested in movies,you will find more information about
program on this link: film festival in Izola.




Old town Koper








Piran is picturesque small old city. It is nice for easy walking through the city and drinking beer in the pubs, and few kilometers away is Portorož - the most popular touristic point at our sea. Portorož is very popular amongst young people and also older population, but Izola and Koper are much more interesting places for me.


Piran










I wanted to write longer post about our coast, but because I am very tired today and because our coast is just 46 kilometers long also my post today will be very short :)
maybe I will upgrade this post in next days.
Izola





No comments: